Sunday, April 4, 2010

3 silos

A new image from a drive into northwest Iowa. As usual, I am paying more attention to what is along the road or clouds in the sky than my driving on the highway. These three silos caught my attention pretty much right away. I am not sure of the attraction, if its because I grew up in an small agricultural community, the simplicity of form and function, their iconic nature. I really like the scale, relationship of the silos to the the field behind them and convenience to the highway - you can call me a "photography poacher"! I was thinking black and white right away because I knew the silos contrast in relationship to the rest of the image would highlight the subject matter.

My friend has a nice video tutorial regarding black and white images similar to this, http://acjphotoworkshops.com/after-the-shoot-episode-2-singh-ray-bluegold-polarizer

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful image, great light. Very nice capture and post work here.

    Cheers,
    alec

    ReplyDelete